Entry #9 The biter truth

  

        Have you ever glanced at something then looked away? Only to look back at it again to get a better look at it?That’s exactly how I feel when I look at certain foods. Sometimes I see certain foods that look like plastic. I’ll even bite into a type of meat and it’ll taste like rubber. So when I see videos,or read articles about what they do to animals I imagine how they process all of that. Farmers are most likely just doing their job. If they wanted to change their ways I believe they could do it. Farmers that do not harm there animals do it,so why can’t the others?Is it the money they would be loosing or making? Until I read this article https://www.aspca.org/animal-cruelty/farm-animal-welfare I finally understood  that not only are the animals being affected,so are the farmers. It turns out the farmer-to-caretaker ratio is not even at all. The farmers get the decision of how to take care of the animals taken away from them that then leads them to debt and no other choice to continue doing what they are doing. The farmers have to take good care of the grounds because it can lead to salmonella. Also, the farmers have a possible chance of catching any of the sicknesses or diseases on the farm. The article states that illnesses and diseases  “Can be passed to humans through meat, dairy, and eggs, as well as through person-to-person contact”. How terrible would that be if you where in that position? very terrible as a matter of fact. I would be so bothered by the fact that I can catch either a life threatening sickness,or a sickness that can badly effect me. These poor farmers might not even enjoy treating these animals the way they do. You know how people say “you should love your job” well I do not think farmers enjoy it much at all.  Eating what they farm as well can make them think if they really want to eat it or not. I would only hope these conditions do not get worse over the years and get resolved. I only hope that the animal procces can be resolved as well and have better treatment. I pray the future has a better outcome then the situation we are in now.


Comments